Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye, Twenty Eleven.

Woah, when did it become NYE? What am I going to do? What am I going to wear?

I can only remember was really exciting NYE in my life, and that was spent with one of my best friends from high school, sophomore year of college. We drove around Seattle all night crashing various house parties and ended up at a UW frat. Mostly it was just fun because we were carefree, with no plans and little expectations. Lets be honest, the movie moment NYE scene never happens. Not unless you spend a lot of money and time getting to the "right" place.

My typical NYE include falling asleep on the couch with G and missing the show (2009) standing the freezing cold in downtown Noho waiting for a ball to drop... that never did (2010). This year it at least won't be too cold since it has been an unseasonably warm winter (so far).

This year should prove a little more exciting. First, a look back at wonderful 2011:
NYE 2010


Seattle, January


Sam Adams Brewery, March

Universal Studios, July
Honeydukes, July

Wizarding World of Harry Potter, July


Say Yes to the Dress Austin, August

October snow storm

Thanksgiving Bowl

New pet, Reggie, November

J.Crew for Christmas, December
So what are my plans for tonight? Well a week ago I thought G and I would be curled up on the couch with hot cocoa and a movie. But a couple days ago our friends decided to pull it together and through a party. So we will be donning our best outfits for this black tie party with a bunch of no-tie type of people.

The best thing of all, is that G and I will be getting burgers first. Nothing says fun like trying to eat messy delicious food in uncomfortable formal wear.

Here's hoping the rain stops soon... and HAPPY NEW YEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment