Saturday, May 12, 2012

Have: A Perfect Day

Today was almost perfect... almost because I'm still missing G (he gets back tomorrow).. but I got to see good friends and I was very productive!

I slept in until 11 this morning, and then managed to finish the dishes, do the laundry, and vacuum all before 1pm! I finished the glitter banner I'm making for my bestie's bridal shower at the end of May, too!

Today was my town's 31st annual Pride Parade. I'm not going to get into politics on this blog, but I'll leave it at I love all my friends, and I'll support them no matter what. So I ventured down to the fair grounds (which are nice and close to my apartment) to get some sun and soak up the sights. 




I got a thank you card/gift card from my bosses (I am just that awesome) so I decided to go into town and buy some new candles. Growing up my mom never let me burn candles ("you'll burn the house down!") and I never could in college either. My home in college was built in 1898, and one of the house cheers mentions walls stuffed with hay... and the estimated burn time was under a minute. Needless to say, burning candles were not allowed. Since moving into my own apartment, and then my current place with G, we love to burn candles. We usually have one set up on our stove top/oven (nothing can catch on fire there) to light during dinner, or just to cleanse the air.

Since it was Pride, and a lot of tourists come into town for it, all the shops were super busy! We waited (patiently) in line for frozen yogurt (mango + strawberries + kiwi), and then went our separate ways.

I found some cute little items at Cedar Chest, including fancy soaps and little owls. They also have the same bowls I spotted at Nordstrom... so I might just need to go back and pick some of those up.

Fancy soaps! How cute are the eggs?!
More fancy soaps...

Owl friend!
 Then I got to go home and watch the Iron Lady with a nice cup of tea. I really enjoyed the movie, but I also love, love, love Meryl Streep.



No comments:

Post a Comment