Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Bulb Show!

Every year I try and make it to the Spring Bulb Show at Smith College- it is one of the largest Spring flower shows on the East Coast. Usually they have busloads of old ladies coming to visit.

Before I made it to the show, I checked out Smith's renovated library. They added a new reading room where the library offices used to be, directly across from the browsing room. The room is huge and has great display areas with collections from the Smith College archives and Rare Books room. When I visited one display area was dedicated to old bound books with elaborate binding art.

full of beautiful books

this was my favorite binding



The bulb show only lasts two weeks, so it was rare that I managed to be the only one in the show for the beginning of the evening session.



smells like heaven

one of two rooms filled with bulbs- it smelled so good



On Saturday night I went to the Amherst Monte Carlo Night, which was a benefit for the AMRHS booster club and Boys & Girls Club.

Pearls and 60's wool jacket


The weekend was perfect- no complaints here!

Blue skies all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment