Yesterday was G's day for planning, and this is what he came up with:
- 7-8 lb pork shoulder, bone-in
- 4 yucca root (rough chop)
- 3 spring onions (rough chop)
- 6 jalapenos (de-seeded and minced)
- 1.5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5-7 tomatillos, quartered
- Juice of 1 lime
|Don't get rid of all the fat- you need some for flavor|
2) Place the pork shoulder on top of the veggies in the slow cooker.
3) Make a bunch of small incisions all over the pork shoulder.
4) Fill each incision with a mixture of the garlic and remaining jalapeno, dump in remaining mixture on top of the pork shoulder.
5) Set the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.
Notes: Make sure to cut the skin off of the pork shoulder- or have your butcher do it for you (see below). We are very used to the taste of jalapenos- so adjust the amount to suit your taste buds.