Friday, November 4, 2011

LOVE: Umbrellas

Okay, this is a little weird. I have a really big love for umbrellas and rain slickers.

I think it can be traced back to my childhood:

Exhibit A. I've always loved to match.

I always have a rain jacket with me (thanks, Seattle) and an extra one at the office at all times just in case. You never know with this crazy New England weather.

My favorite rain jacket is this one by Marmot:



I also have a few cheapo ones that I keep stashed in case I don't have the Marmot one handy. They are not worth showing.

I also have several trench coats I love for heavy, cold downpours. Besides a basic Zara black trench I have one similar to this I love:

This one is by London Fog, mine is by Anne Klein

 Anyhow, between G and I we have a basketful of umbrellas (probably around 6 or 7) for TWO people. I have a pansy umbrella I love to use with scalloped edges. We have many of the standard black umbrellas, including the super cheap desperate-subway-purchase umbrella I got while getting off the T in Cambridge in the middle of a summer thunderstorm a year or two ago. It is also my only full sized umbrella. This is a problem.

I'm a big girl, and I think it is time I get a big, adult size umbrella. Or I am just telling myself that as a way to justify purchasing this:



Isn't it great? I love you, Kate Spade.

These are some other options:


Vintage Dot by Felix Rey, $80



Primary Dot Bubble by Totes, $24


Gentlemen's Automatic by Totes, $16



Gold by Burberry, $250

Or maybe I should stick to the little ones since this is so cute!



Watercolor dot by Juicy Couture, $48

No comments:

Post a Comment