This is the second time I've made this cobbler, and each time it comes out a little different depending on what you choose to put in it.
This time I went with raspberries and strawberries because they were on sale. Last time it was raspberries and blackberries (super delicious).
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
7 cups mixed fresh berries (make sure you core and cut up strawberries)
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
5 Tablespoons chilled butter (I use unsalted) cubed
1. Mix cornstarch and sugar in medium to large mixing bowl. Add in berries and mix together until well coated. Pour berry mixture into a 2 qt. baking dish (about 2-3 inches deep).
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter, rubbing together flour and butter using finger tips or pastry blender until a course meal forms. Slowly add in milk, mixing with a wooden spoon as a dough forms.
3. Knead dough 5-6 times and dump onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough into the shape of your baking dish, use a rolling pin to even out the dough. Dough should be 1-2 inches thick.
4. Cut dough into 4-5 pieces and arrange on top of the berry mixture. Biscuits should be about 1/2 inches apart.
5. Bake until fruit mixture bubbles and biscuits are thoroughly cooked and brown on top. Should be about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before serving. It is especially tasty topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Feel free to experiment with different kinds of berries, and different add ins like vanilla extract, cinnamon, etc.