Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Cape!

Our last weekend in Massachusetts was appropriately spent at one of the first landing spots of the Pilgrims: Cape Cod! 



The weather wasn't the best - lots of coastal rain- but it was still plenty warm! We managed to go swimming and floating in the ocean... it wasn't nearly as cold as the Pacific off of Washington and Oregon :)



 I loved all the little shops- especially the high-end interior design ones. I wish I had a little beach cottage I could decorate! We did manage to avoid going into a single tourist-trap t-shirt shop, unlike all the bars we managed to visit. I did sneak into Marc Jacobs and snagged a cute necklace!



Wave Video Bar- I had a blast dancing and watching the videos... Grant didn't so much. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you're okay getting up close and sweaty with a bunch of men.
Harbor Lounge- Best ocean view of all the bars. Both nights we were here it was pretty dead- which just meant more room on the couches for us.
Aqua Bar- has a great view of the harbor, cheap drinks, and is open air for those nice balmy, breezy nights.
Shipwreck Lounge at Brass Key- great outdoor seating area, and a resident cat, need I say more?
Old Colony Tap House- this bar looks like the dingy, forgotten basement of your ex-sailor grandfather. The floor is tilted, the tables is dirty, it is all charm. This was also our favorite place.


The last day in town the skies cleared, the sun came out, and the weather we should have had arrived! We took the Trolley car tour around town before taking off of the Ferry towards Boston.

FYI: I highly recommend taking the ferry from Boston instead of driving (to avoid all the traffic) and staying at Romeo's Holiday, where Stan & Lenny make great hosts!



No comments:

Post a Comment