Monday, August 22, 2011

Love: Austin, Texas

This past Wednesday through Sunday I was in Austin, Texas to help one of my closest friends pick out her wedding dress- all while enjoying hot hot hot weather and mimosas.
After a full morning of wedding dress shopping at Unbridaled, we lunched at the South Congress Cafe. One day I will come back and have this drink:



But for the morning I was there it was mimosa and bellini time! They make a to-die-for frozen peach bellini. I had their amazing chipotle shrimp quesadilla (I highly recommend it).



The Cafe is across the street from Austin's famed food truck park.



After a very unsuccessful trip to David's Bridal (no offense we found that most of their dresses were made from polyester). We headed out of Austin to The Salt Lick.


The Salt Lick is one of Texas' famed barbeque joints- known for their open pits.


I split their 4 meat platter with a friend- and we barely finished it. Their beef ribs are huge! Here is me and half of one:


I will stop back next time I'm in Austin!


Friday was a day of win. We went to the lovely Blush Bridal Lounge and after only a few tries found THE dress. She is gorgeous in it, and it is everything I ever imagined her wearing down the aisle. I won't post any photos, but it is safe to say the gown is crisp, clean, and classic. Erica and Amanda at Blush were amazing- we had are own personal room to hang out in, and they let us help choose dresses and accessories. Speaking of accessories theirs were too good to pass up. The other stores we went to were pushing flower clips and birdcages for $150-300. Blush's non-bridal headbands were $12 and the beautiful flower hair clip my friend ended up with cost only $20! What a steal.

We brunched at Russell's Bistro and downed more mimosas. I had the BLT- and it was perfect (but I also have an undying love for bacon). Later we drove to the wedding venue to scope it out.


Above is the pool area and below is the ceremony area.


We spent Friday night at Chuy's Mexican Restaurant in Barton Springs.



Saturday we went to Chez Zee for bridal party brunch. To top of a trip of midafternoon drinking we bought a pitcher of mimosas.



I had the lobster omelette and a sliver of their famous creme brulee french toast. The omelette was the perfect savory wake up call and the french toast was everything I had wished for.



The rest of the day we spent poolside and shopping (perfect day, right?) and topped it off with a party at a friends.

Best way to refuel between shopping trips: Sonic. The Cherry Limeade was surprising delicious.
My host's  has the cutest puppy:


I hope to be back in Texas very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment